Creating picture charts
To convert a data series to pictures, follow these steps:
1. Start with a column or bar chart (either standard or 3-D):
On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, click the Insert Bar or Column Chart button:
Choose the chart you prefer.
2. Select the data series, then do one of the following:
- Right-click in the data series and choose Format Data Series... in the popup menu:
- Excel displays the Chart Design and Format tabs.
On the Chart Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click the Format Selection icon:
3. On the Format Data Series pane, in the Fill group:
- Choose Picture or texture fill,
- Click on the Insert... button:
- In the Insert Pictures dialog box, choose the picture location, select the
picture file, and then click Open or Insert:
- You'll probably find that you need to play around with the settings to make your graphics work
out the way you'd like:
See also this tip in French: Comment créer un graphique d'image.