Show the Developer tab
1. To open the Word Options dialog box, do one of the following:
- On the File tab, click the Options button:
- Right-click in any tab (ribbon) and choose Customize the Ribbon... in the popup menu:
2. In the Word Options dialog box, on the Customize Ribbon tab, in the left column, check the Developer tab:
3. Click OK.
The Developer tab includes the following groups:
- The Code group:
- The Macros button on the Developer tab opens a list of recorded macros.
- The Record macro button starts recording user actions in Word. To stop the recording, click the Record macro button again.
- The Visual Basic button opens the Visual Basic editor application that allows you to edit recorded macros and create VBA programs.
- The Add-ins group included buttons to manage different add-in types in Word.
- The Controls group provides a visual form designer for experienced Word users.
- The XML group provides advanced XML import/export functions and XML resources management for experienced Word users.
For more details, see Creating Your Own Menu.
See also this tip in French: Afficher l'onglet Développeur dans Word.