Displaying conditional colors in a column chart
For example, you want to demonstrate the differences in sales during 2017 - 2020:
To create the chart like this one, do the following:
1. Split your data to the different columns:
- Column I = IF (cell < 7%, cell, ""),
- Column II = IF (AND (cell >= 7%, cell < 15%), cell, ""),
- Column III = IF (cell < 15%, "", cell),
For example (here cell = D*):
2. Select the data cells (for this example, B4:B16, E4:G16).
3. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, click the Insert Bar or Column Chart button:
Choose Clustered Column:
Change Data Source if necessary:
4. Open Format Axis on the Format task pane, in which:
- In the Labels group, in the Label Position list, choose Low:
- In the Number group, choose the format you prefer:
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you need.
See also this tip in French: Affichage des couleurs conditionnelles dans un graphique à colonnes.