Enable/disable check spelling as you type
To enable spell check as you type, follow the following steps:
1. On the File tab, click Options:
2. In the Word Options dialog box, on the Proofing tab:
- In the When correcting spelling and grammar in Word section:
- To enable spell checking, make sure that the Check spelling as you type check box is selected,
- To disable spell checking, deselect the Check spelling as you type check box:
- In the Exception for group:
- To enable spell checking, make sure that all checkboxes are cleared,
- To disable spell checking, select both options.
Note: You can customize your local Word to use the selected or cleared options for all documents by selecting the appropriate option in the Exception for dropdown list:
3. Click OK to close the Word Options dialog box.