How to keep a table in one page of a Word document
To keep a table on one page, do the following:
1. Select the table:
- You can select all rows or columns of the table one by one
- Move the mouse over the table until you see the table selection icons in the upper-left corner of the table and then click it:
Note: You can also click on the table selection icon in the bottom-right corner for the same effect.
2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the dialog box launcher:
3. In the Paragraph dialog box, on the Line and Page Breaks tab, select the Keep with next checkbox:
If you use the option Keep with next for entire table, it won't be split to the different pages:
- Before changes:
- After changes:
- You can keep the text before the table with it, just do the same for the paragraph of the text that you want to keep with the table.
- If you have a big table that it can't be displayed on one page, Word moves it on the next
page even if only one symbol leaves on the page and splits it anyway:
See also this tip in French: Comment conserver un tableau dans une page d'un document Word.