How to create a calendar for one month
To create a calendar for one month, do the following:
1. Choose the period that you want to show in the calendar. For this example, July 2017 will be shown, which consists of 31 days, from Saturday to Monday and cover six weeks.
2. Create the table of 7 columns (week days) and 7 rows (the title row + 6 weeks), do one of the following:
- On the slide, click the Insert Table icon:
In the Insert Table dialog box, enter or select the appropriate number of columns and rows for the table:
- On the Insert tab, in the Table group, click on the Table dropdown list and
select as many columns and rows as you need:
Any of the mentioned ways creates the table:
3. Insert the weekdays in the first row and day numbers in the appropriate cells:
4. Change the size of the table, row, or column:
4.1. To change the size of the table, just click anywhere on the table and drug-and drop on the resizing points of the table:
It changes the size of the table and resizes all columns or/and rows. They will be changes proportionally:
4.2. To change the size of some rows or columns, do the following:
a. Select rows or columns, which size (sizes) you want to change (select the appropriate column or row, or several columns or rows):
b. Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Cell Size group, change the Height or Width of the selected rows or columns like you prefer:
It changes sizes just for selected rows or columns:
5. Change the design according to your preferences:
5.1. To change the design of some cell or several cells:
5.1.1. Right-click on the cell you that want to change and select the Format Shape… in the popup menu:
5.1.2. On the Format Shape pane, on the Shape Options tab, in the Fill & Line group, in the Fill section, choose the color you prefer:
You can choose Gradient fill or even Picture to insert in the cell like a background picture:
5.2. To change the design of the table:
Click anywhere on the table and then under Table Tools, on the Design tab, choose the appropriate design in the Table Styles group:
- by choosing any of the predefined designs,
- by creating your own design, using different options, proposed in the Shading, Borders and Effects dropdown lists.
Note: If you would like to change the table border color, see How to change color for the table borders in PowerPoint.
See also this tip in French: Comment créer un calendrier pour un mois.