How to create a hand-drawn oval shape in PowerPoint
In this tip, you will see how to create a hand-drawn oval shape that is used in the hand-drawn flowchart.
To create a shape like the one above, do the following:
1. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click the Shapes button:
2. In the Shapes drop-down list, in the Basic Shapes group, select Arc:
3. Place the first part of the new shape and create its bottom half by moving the orange points:
4. Insert the second part of the new shape:
4.1. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click the Shapes drop-down list, and then in the Basic Shapes group, select Arc.
4.2. Increase the size of the new Arc shape and place it to create a second part of the new shape:
4.3. Change the second part by moving the orange point as you want. For example:
5. Insert the third part like the second. For example:
6. Select three parts of one shape and group them by doing one of the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, select the Arrange drop-down list,
and then click the Group command:
- Under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click the
- Right-click one of the objects and choose Group -> Group from the popup menu:
PowerPoint puts a single box around the objects instead of a separate box around each object:
7. Right-click on the new shape and choose Format Shape... from the popup menu.
8. In the Format Shape pane, on the Shape Options tab, in the Fill & Line group, in the Line section choose Solid line and then:
- Select Color as you prefer,
- Select Width as you prefer:
Add any other adjustments you like.