Change the default font and style for shapes in PowerPoint
In PowerPoint 2016:
- the default style is defined by the default theme - blue shape with blue borders and white font;
- default font for shapes is called Calibri , at a font size of 18 points.
To change the default style and/or font for shapes, follow the next steps:
1. Create a new shape in your presentation:
On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click on the Shapes dropdown list and then select any shape you prefer:
Excel will add the shape with the default style:
2. Apply any formatting. You can change the fill color or add an effect, change the text color, style, or weight of a line, or make any other changes.
3. Select the shape, right-click the border, and then click Set as Default Shape on the popup menu:
Next time you add a new shape, Excel will use the formatting you applied: