Rule to display mail from somebody
In Outlook for Microsoft 365 you have two ways to create this rule:
First way: a handful of ways to create a rule
To use this way, you should have a message from interested person:
1. Select a message from interested person.
2. On the Home tab, in the Move group, click Rules and then select Create Rule...:
3. In the Create Rule dialog box:
- In the When I get email with all of the selected conditions group, check the From *** checkbox (Outlook for Microsoft 365 displays the sender from the selected message)
- In the Do the following group, check the Display in the New Item Alert window check box and/or the Play a selected sound check box and choose the sound using the Browse... button.
To use another options, you can click the Advanced Options... button and use Rules Wizard.
Second way: use the Rules Wizard
To create a rule using the Rules Wizard, do the following:
1. Do one of the following:
- On the File tab, in the Info view, click the Manage Rules & Alerts...
- On the Home tab, in the Move group, click Rules and then select Manage Rules
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule... button:
3. Choose the Display mail from someone in the New Item Alert Window option, click Next >:
5. Choose the address of your boss (for example) and then click Next > to choose your action.
Enter the text in the Alert Message dialog box, click OK and click Next >.
7. You probably don't want any exceptions, so click Next > again, name your rule, and click Finish.
See also this tip in French: Règle pour afficher des courriers de la personne spécifique.