How to change format for diagram shapes in Excel
To change the format of the flowchart shape or the diagram shape, do the following:
1. Select one shape or multiple shapes.
When you select a shape, Excel displays the Shape Format tab:
- The Insert Shapes group contains commands to:
- The Shape Styles group allows:
- changing the overall style of a shape,
- modifying the shape’s fill, outline, or effects.
- The WordArt Styles group contains commands for creating and modifying the WordArt text inside a shape.
- The Arrange group allows you to:
- adjust the "stack order" of shapes,
- align shapes,
- group, regroup, and ungroup multiple shapes,
- rotate shapes.
- The Size group allows you to change the size of a shape by typing dimensions.
2. Do one of the following:
- On the Shape Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click the dialog box launcher:
- Right-click on the selected shape and choose Format Shape... in the popup menu:
On the Format Shape pane, choose format options:
See also this tip in French: Comment modifier le format des formes de diagramme dans Excel.