Easily organize shapes in Word
To turn on or turn off Gridlines in Word, do the following:
On the Layout tab, in the Arrange group, in the Align dropdown list, check the View Gridlines checkbox:
To disable gridlines, uncheck View Gridlines.
You can also change Grid Settings:
1. On the Layout tab, in the Arrange group, in the Align dropdown list, click Grid Settings....
2. On the Grid and Guides dialog box:
- In the Grid settings section:
- Choose the spacing value that you want in the Horizontal spacing field to specify horizontal spacing.
- Choose the spacing value that you want in the Vertical spacing field to specify vertical spacing.
- In the Grid origin section:
- Uncheck the Use margins checkbox to extend the drawing grid to the edge of the document.
- Choose the appropriate margins, if you want, in the Horizontal origin and Vertical origin fields.
- In the Show grid section:
- Select the Display gridlines on screen checkbox to display only some gridlines.
- Select the number of gridlines that you want to display in the Vertical every or Horizontal every fields.
See also this tip in French: Comment organiser facilement des formes dans Word.