PowerPoint slide with several shapes and one picture
To create the slide like the one above, do the following:
1. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, select Shapes:
2. In the Shapes list, from the Rectangle group, select and add to the slide several Rectangles shapes:
3. Positioning them like you want, for example:
- To position shapes easy, you can use Grids and Gridlines.
To turn them on or off, on the View tab, in the Show group, check or uncheck Guides and/or Gridlines:
- To create squares, you can enter or choose width and height under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Size group:
4. Add a picture to some of these shapes:
4.1 Select shapes that will show the picture, for example:
4.2. Do one of the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, select the Arrange drop-down list, and then click the Group command:
- Under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click the Group command:
- Right-click one of the objects and choose Group -> Group from the popup menu:
PowerPoint puts a single box around the objects instead of a separate box around each object:
4.3. Right-click on the grouped shapes and choose Format Shape... from the popup menu:
4.4. On the Format Shape pane, on the Shape Options tab, in the Fill & Line group:
- In the Fill section:
- Choose Picture or texture fill,
- Click on the File... button and then choose the picture you have chosen:
- In the Line section, select No line:
5. Change the color for the remaining shapes:
5.1. Select one of the shape or all of them.
5.2. Right-click on the selection and choose Format Shape... from the popup menu.
5.3. In the Format Shape pane, on the Shape Options tab, in the Fill & Line group, in the Fill section choose Solid fill and then select Color like you prefer:
Add any other adjustments you like.