Adding commands to the Quick Access Toolbar
To add a command to the Quick Access toolbar, follow these steps:
1. To the right of the Quick Access toolbar, click the tiny arrow button to open the drop-down menu.
By checking the commands on this menu, you can add their icons to the Quick Access toolbar. The trouble is, that command you want to add isn't in the list:
2. Near the bottom of the menu, click More Commands...
The PowerPoint Options dialog box opens, showing the Quick Access Toolbar options. The list box on the right shows commands currently shown on the Quick Access toolbar. The box on the left contains commands that you can add to the Quick Access toolbar.
The Choose commands from drop-down menu above the left box shows Popular Commands.
3. From the Choose commands from drop-down menu, choose All Commands.
The All Commands list is pretty lengthy, giving you an idea of just how many different commands PowerPoint offers. That's why the Choose commands from menu also lets you narrow down your choices by choosing commands from specific ribbon tabs.
4. Scroll down the All Commands list to select the command you want to add, and then click the Add > > button between the two list boxes to add the command to the box with the Quick Access toolbar commands:
You can use the Add > > button to add a command to the Quick Access toolbar list, or you can just double-click a command.
5. Scroll down to select Web Page Preview, and then double-click to add the command to the Quick Access toolbar box.
Press the first letter (for example, S) to jump down to the commands that begin with S. That makes it a shorter scroll to get to the Subscript command. Now that you've filled the list with your desired commands, it's time to arrange them to your liking.
6. In the Customize Quick Access toolbar list box, select a command, and then use the up and down arrow buttons on the right to arrange them in an order that works best for you.
To make it easier to find a new command, you can add one or two separators. E.g., you may want to group the related Save, Undo, Redo, and Start From Beginning commands together:
7. Click OK to close the PowerPoint Options box and enjoy your newly configured Quick Access toolbar.
For even greater time savings, you can use keyboard shortcuts to run the commands on the Quick Access toolbar. The commands are numbered from left to right. So, you can choose them with the Alt key and the number:
Note: You can add a command to the Quick Access toolbar from the ribbon by right-clicking the button and choosing Add to Quick Access Toolbar:
See also this tip in French: Comment ajouter des commandes à la barre d'outils Accès rapide dans PowerPoint.