Simplifying tasks using Quick Steps
When you first install Outlook, the Quick Steps box already has the following items:
- Move To: Use this Quick Step to move messages to a specific folder.
When you move a message to any folder in Outlook, the Quick Step shows the name of the last folder you moved a message to, such as Move To: Documents.
- To Manager: This Quick Step automatically opens a Message form for forwarding the selected message to the particular recipient, but it doesn't delete the selected message. If you use Outlook in a corporate setting, this is usually set up to forward the message you are currently reading to your manager.
- Team E-Mail: Use this Quick Step to open the New Message form and populate the
To: field with the particular set of recipients.
You can create Groups that include the people you choose, not just your boss and your colleagues, and send e-mails to all of them.
- Reply & Delete: When you select this Quick Step, Outlook automatically opens a Message form for replying to the sender of the selected message and moves the selected message to the Deleted Items folder.
- Create New: This isn't really a Quick Step - it opens the Edit Quick Step dialog box, which allows you to create your own custom Quick Steps.