How to create autoreply Out-of-office for non-Exchange account
To create a template for auto reply, see how to create a template for outlook messages. For example, you can create the message like below:
To create a rule for Out-of-Office autoreply in MS Outlook, do the following:
1. On the Home tab, in the Move group, click Rules, and then click Manage Rules & Alerts:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule...:
3. Outlook launches the Rules Wizard. Click the Apply rules on messages I receive option, and then click Next >:
4. Select the received in a specific date span check box and any other criteria that you want:
In the Date Received dialog box, choose the appropriate dates and then click OK and then click Next >.
6. Select the action to take when the conditions are met by checking the appropriate check box. For an autoreply, check reply using a specific template:
7. In the Step 2 area, click a specific template link to select the template (message) to use:
- In the Look In list, select User Templates in File System and then click the Browser… button.
- In the Browser For Folder dialog box, choose the folder where is placed your template file:
8. Select the template and click Open:
9. The rule conditions and actions are listed, click Next >.
10. In the wizard screen that appears, you can click any of the various check boxes to specify any exceptions. Click Next >.
11. Outlook displays the completed mail rule. In the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule field, type a name for the auto-reply rule, and then click Finish:
Note: To run any rule in your MS Outlook application, it should work. If you turn off your Outlook, any rule can't be run.
Note: The reply using a specific template rule in the Rules Wizard sends your automated reply only once to each sender during a single session. A session is each time you start Outlook until you exit the application. This rule prevents Outlook from sending repetitive replies to a single sender from whom you receive multiple messages. During a session, Outlook keeps track of the list of users to whom it has responded. If you exit and then restart Outlook, however, this is considered a new session and the list of the senders who have received automated replies is reset.
See also this tip in French: Comment créer une réponse automatique d'absence du bureau pour un compte non-Exchange.