How to customize Navigation Bar in Outlook
To configure the Navigation Bar buttons, do the following:
1. On the Navigation Bar, click the ellipsis (⋯) button and then click Navigation Options...:
2. In the Navigation Options dialog box:
- Check the Compact Navigation box to minimize Navigation Bar:
After checking that option you will see the compact view of Navigation Bar:
- Change the number for the Maximum number of visible items to change how many switching buttons appear in your Navigation Bar.
- Click a view, and then click Move Up or Move Down to change the view order:
For example, you can move the Tasks and Notes view buttons before the People view button.
See also this tip in French: Comment personnaliser votre barre de navigation.