Advanced Research with Research Pane
To open the Research pane, do one of the following:
- On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Research:
In Outlook, in an open message, click the message body, and then on the Message tab, in the Proofing group, click Spelling, and then click Research:
Note: In Microsoft Office Outlook, the Research task pane is available from any open Outlook item, but not from the main Outlook window.
- Press Alt+Click the left mouse key.
The Research task pane enables you to search online references to do research.
If you frequently search scientific journals, grant making announcements, academic writings, or any number of other online sources, you can add them to your research options and perform the search easily in the Research task pane.
With Research pane you can:
- find synonyms (a word that means essentially the same thing as the word it replaces) and antonyms (a word that means the opposite of the selected word),
- while Word's thesaurus primarily finds synonyms;
- search words in public dictionaries (e.g., Encarta World Dictionary);
- translate words and texts.