View spreadsheets side by side
The sheets can be in the same workbook or in the different workbooks.
On the View tab, in the Window group, click View Side by Side:
- To scroll both worksheets at the same time, click Synchronous Scrolling in the Window group on the View tab:
- If you resize the workbook windows, click Reset Window Position to return to the original settings.
- To close the Side by Side view, click View Side by Side again.
- To view side by side spreadsheets of the same workbook, open this workbook with needed spreadsheets in the multiple windows. See Viewing a worksheet in multiple windows for more details.
- If more than two workbooks are open, after clicking the View Side by Side
button, Excel displays the Compare Side by Side dialog box:
- Under Compare Side by Side with, select the workbook with a spreadsheet that you want to compare with the active worksheet,
- Click OK,
- If needed, in each workbook window, select the sheet that you want to compare.
See also this tip in French: Comment afficher les feuilles de calcul côte à côte.