How to freeze columns and rows
To freeze row or column headings (or both), follow these steps:
1. On the worksheet, do one of the following:
- To lock rows, select the row below where you want the split to appear,
- To lock columns, select the column to the right of where you want the split to appear,
- To lock both rows and columns, click the cell below and to the right of where you want the split to appear:
2. On the View tab, in the Window group, click Freeze Panes:
3. From the Freeze Panes drop-down list, choose the option that you want:
When you freeze panes, the Freeze Panes option changes to Unfreeze Panes so that you can unlock frozen rows or columns.
See also this tip in French: Comment figer les colonnes et les lignes.