Excel 3-D Pie charts
If you want to create a pie chart that shows your company (in this example - Company B) in the greatest positive light:
Do the following:
1. Select the data range (in this example, B3:C8).
2. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Pie button:
Choose the 3-D Pie chart.
3. Right-click in the chart area, then select Add Data Labels and click Add Data Labels in the popup menu:
4. Click in one of the labels to select all of them, then right-click and select Format Data Labels... in the popup menu.
5. On the Format Data Labels pane, in the Label Options tab, select the Category Name checkbox:
6. Right-click in the data series and select Format Data Series... in the popup menu:
7. On the Format Data Series pane:
- In the Series Options tab:
- In the Angle of first slice field, move the sliding handle to the rotation degree that you want, or type a number between 0 and 360 degrees. The default setting is 0 degrees.
- In the Pie Explosion field, move the sliding handle to the percentage of the explosion that you want, or type a percentage between 0 and 400 in the text box. The default setting is 0%.
- In the Effects tab, in the 3-D Format group, make changes you want.
8. Right-click in the plot area and select Format Plot Area... in the popup menu.
9. On the Format Plot Area pane, in the Effects tab, in the 3-D Rotation group, choose the appropriate value for the Perspective field:
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.
See also this tip in French: Graphiques à secteurs 3-D.