How to use Camera tool in Excel
The Camera tool isn't included in the standard ribbons of Microsoft Excel 2016, but you can add it:
- To your own Ribbon or group (see Creating
your own menu):
- To the Quick Access Toolbar (see Adding Commands to the
Quick Access Toolbar):
To create a new picture from your table or chart, do the following:
1. Select data that you want to show in the screenshot.
2. Click on the Camera button.
3. Select the area where you want to paste the screenshot.
4. Position the screenshot where you want:
You can change the screenshot parameters and positioning it when you prefer. When you change something in the source table, it will be changed in the screenshot too:
Note: We strongly recommend to avoid using the Camera Tool for charts. Sure, it works, but Excel still generate errors when we try to change anything in the source chart.
- The selected cells:
- The screenshot:
Be careful, if you change the position of that chart, the screenshot will be changed regarding to the cells data, not to the chart!
See also this tip in French: Comment utiliser l'outil Appareil photo dans Excel.