Windows 8 setups new Mail app as the default e-mail client. It can be annoying to click an e-mail (MAILTO)
link on the webpage and to bounce into the new UI. Here is how to change the default e-mail client to a
different desktop e-mail program like Outlook.
1. Open the Control Panel (for more details see
How to open Control Panel in Windows 8).
2. In the Control Panel dialog box, in the Search Control
Panel textbox, enter Default and choose Default Programs:
3. On the next screen, click Associate a File Type or Protocol with a
4. On the Associate a file type or protocol with a specific
program screen, scroll down the list until you find Protocols:
5. Under Protocols, choose MAILTO and then double-click
6. Choose the client you prefer:
7. Click Close.
Please, disable AdBlock and reload the page to continue
Today, 30% of our visitors use Ad-Block to block ads.We understand your pain with ads, but without ads, we won't be able to provide you with free content soon. If you need our content for work or study, please support our efforts and disable AdBlock for our site. As you will see, we have a lot of helpful information to share.