How to use a Desktop Alert
It is possible to customize the period of time, to a maximum of 30 seconds that the alert stays visible by following these instructions, if:
- You are using Windows 7 or below,
- Outlook works in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or below:
Please see other tips How to change Desktop Alerts settings for Windows 8 or How to change Desktop Alerts settings for Windows 10.
1. On the File tab, select the Options button:
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, on the Mail tab, click the Desktop Alert Settings... button:
3. When the Desktop Alert Settings dialog box appears, you'll see the various options that enable you to define both the duration and the transparency of the Desktop Alert:
4. To test your changes, click the Preview button.
5. When finished, click the OK button to close the Desktop Alert Settings dialog box and other dialog boxes.
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/outlook 2016/tips/how to use a desktop alert.html