Excel 3-D Pie Charts
If you want to create a pie chart that shows your company (in this example - Company A) in the greatest positive light:
Do the following:
1. Select the data range (in this example B5:C10).
2. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Pie button:
Choose 3-D Pie.
3. Right-click in the chart area. In the popup menu select Add Data Labels and then click Add Data Labels:
4. Click in one of labels to select all of them, then right-click and select the Format Data Labels... in the popup menu:
5. In Format Data Labels opened in the Format task pane, on the Label Options tab, select the Category Name checkbox:
6. Open Format Data Series in the Format task pane:
- In the Series Options section:
- In the Angle of first slice move the sliding handle to the rotation degree that you want, or type a number between 0 and 360 degrees. The default setting is 0 degrees.
- In the Pie Explosion move the sliding handle to the percentage of explosion that you want, or type a percentage between 0 and 400 in the text box. The default setting is 0%.
- In the Effects section, in the 3-D Format group make changes you want.
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/excel 2016/tips/excel 3-d pie charts.html