Adjusting Picture Characteristics
Select the picture and then under Picture Tools , on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, choose the option that you want:
: Lets you automatically/selectively remove portions of a picture based on color patterns:
- Corrections : Sharpen, soften, and adjust the brightness of images for better printing or on screen presentation (live preview).
: Apply different color masks to achieve antiquing, sepia tone, grayscale, and a variety of other color effects (live rpeview):
: Provides 23 special effects, such as pencil sketch, blurring, charcoal sketch, paint strokes, and others (live preview):
: Reduce the size of the picture stored in the file to the minimum needed for a given application:
- Apply only to this picture : Select whether you want to compress or modify selected pictures or all the pictures in document.
- Delete cropped areas of pictures : Another way to reduce file space is to remove the areas of images that you have cropped out. You learned that cropping images only changes what is displayed on-screen, that the cropped portions can be retrieved. This check box determines that cropped areas cannot be retrieved.
- Select the Target output option that you want.
- Compression options :
- Change Picture : Replace the picture with a different one.
- Reset Picture : Click this button to set the image color, brightness, contrast back and another adjust tools (except for Change Picture and Compress Picture ) to the original settings.