Reviewing comments from the specific reviewer
To search for a specific comment, follow these steps:
1. Press Ctrl+G, or press F5. The Find and Replace dialog box appears with the Go To tab displayed.
2. Select Comment in the Go to What list.
3. Do one of the following:
- To find a specific reviewer's comment, select that reviewer's name from the Enter Reviewer's Name drop-down list. The names of all reviewers who have added comments to the document appear on this list.
- To find a specific comment, enter the number of that comment (without the reviewer's initials) in the Enter Reviewer's Name text box. Note that when you enter a number, the Next button in the Go To dialog box is replaced by a Go To button.
- To find a comment that is positioned relative to your current location, enter a number preceded by a plus or a minus sign. For example, to find the third comment following your current position, enter +3 in the text box.
4. If you specified a comment number or a relative position, click the Go To button. If you specified a reviewer, click the Next or Previous button to jump to the next or the previous comment for that reviewer.
The insertion point jumps to the specified comment mark in your document window.
To display changes and comments for a specific reviewer, you can:
On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, use the Display for Review list. Final Showing Markup is the default when you open any document.
- Final Showing Markup - this view displays the final document with all tracked changes and comments showing. This is the default view for all documents opened in Word.
- Final - this view displays the document with all changes incorporated into the text and without tracked changes showing. However, any tracked changes or comments that have not been accepted, rejected, or deleted remain in the document.
- Original Showing Markup - this view displays the original text with tracked changes and comments.
- Original - this view displays the original document without tracked changes and comments showing. However, any tracked changes or comments in the document that have not been accepted, rejected, or deleted remain in the document.
Note: Clicking Show Markup displays or hides all of the markup for selected reviewers in the document. When you display all markup, all types of markup are selected on the Show Markup menu.