Rename a Subdocument
1. Choose View -> Outline to see this document in the Outline view:
2. Press Ctrl and click the hyperlink of the subdocument what you want to rename. If you don't see hyperlinks, you need to click Collapse Subdocuments on the Outlining toolbar.
Then you click to the hyperlink of the subdocument with Ctrl, Word opens it in another window.
3. Choose File -> Save As.
4. In the Save As dialog box, enter a new name or location for the subdocument and then click Save:
4. Close the subdocument.
Word closes the subdocument and changes the hyperlink of this subdocument.
1. On the View menu, in the Document Views group, click the Outline button.
2. Select the first subdocument what you want to combine by clicking its subdocument icon .
3. Hold down Shift as you click the last subdocument icon in the group of subdocuments that you want to combine.
4. On the Outlining toolbar, click Merge Subdocument .
Note: When you save the master document, Microsoft Word saves the combined subdocuments with the file name of the first subdocument in the combination.