How to use paragraph borders and shading
You can use paragraph borders, but removing these borders isn't easy for somebody. This tip is how to insert and remove paragraph borders and shading.
To add the paragraph borders and/or shading, do the following:
1. Select the paragraph what you want to modify.
2. Select Format -> Borders and Shading...:
3. To add borders, select the Borders tab, in the Borders and Shading dialog box:
- You can choose the border settings, style, color and width, for example:
- You can also change indentions of your borders. To do this, click in the Options... button
(on the right-bottom corner) and change indentions in the Border and Shading Options dialog
4. To add shading, select the Shading tab, in the Borders and Shading dialog box.
- You can choose the shading settings, style and color, for example:
5. Click OK.
To remove the paragraph borders and/or shading, do the following:
1. Select the paragraph with borders or shading.
2. Select Format -> Borders and Shading....
3. In the Borders and Shading dialog box remove the borders in the Borders tab and/or remove shading in the Shading tab:
- To remove all borders, you can choose the None option on the Borders tab:
- To remove only some border, you can click in this border in the Preview section on the Borders tab.
- To remove shading, choose the No Fill item in the Fill section and choose the Clear style in the Patterns section (if it is necessary) on the Shading tab.