Creating numbered lists
To create numbered lists, follow these steps:
1. Type your list, and then select it.
2. Do one of the following:
- Choose Format -> Bullets and Numbering..., or choose Bullets and Numbering... from the
shortcut menu. Click the Numbered tab. Then select the numbering style that you want from the
predefined choices. Your choices include Arabic numbers, Roman numerals, and
letters, with periods, parentheses, or double parentheses to separate the numbers from the list
text. Click OK.
- Click the Numbered List button on the toolbar:
3. To add additional numbered items to your list, move the insertion point to the end of a line formatted with a number and press Enter.
4. Move the insertion point to the end of the last numbered item in your list. Press Enter and then Del, or press Enter and click the Numbering button on the Formatting toolbar, to turn off the number formatting.
Note: You can quickly convert a numbered list to a bulleted list by selecting the numbered list and then clicking the Bullets button on the Formatting toolbar, and vice versa.