How to create a flowchart with chalk drawing effect
To create a flow chart like the one above, do the following:
1. Create custom shapes such as oval and arrow:
In this example we used:
- Three different oval shapes (the fourth one is the rotated first shape), see How to create a hand-drawn oval shape in PowerPoint:
- Just one custom arrow, see
How to create a hand-drawn arrow shape in PowerPoint:
- Font DK Cool Crayon font.
2. Customize the background color:
2.1. Do one of the following:
- Right-click on any empty space in the slide and choose Format Background... in the
- In the Design tab, in the Customize group, click the Format Background
2.2. In the Format Background pane, on the Fill tab, in the Fill group, select:
- Solid fill and choose the color as you prefer,
- Gradient fill and choose gradient and other parameters.
In this example was used gray Preset gradient without any additional changes:
3. Make a chalk effect for shapes:
3.1. First, it is necessary to convert the shape to the picture:
- Select a shape or a group of shapes.
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Cut button (or
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Paste drop-down list
and choose Picture:
3.2. To make a chalk effect, select a picture and then under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Artistic Effects:
Select the effect you like from the Artistic Effects drop-down list.
In this example was used the Pencil Sketch effect:
4. Add the same artistic effect to all other shapes.
Add text and other adjustments you like.