How to repair Outlook PST file
Remo PST Repair Tool helps to fix corrupted, inaccessible and not opening Outlook PST file in few simple steps. The tool allows you to:
- Repair oversized PST files of Outlook 2016 and earlier
- Fix error messages like "Outlook not responding", "fix Outlook file cannot be accessed", etc.
- Resolve search index issue in Outlook
Also, you can use this tool for restoring deleted Outlook items.
To repair the broken PST file, do the following:
1. Run the Remo Repair Outlook Tool (see How to repair PST file guide).
2. On the main screen, choose one of the available options:
- Open Default PST File: Takes the PST file from the default location
- Select PST File Manually: Allows you to select the PST file manually, if you know its location
- Find All your PST Files: Scans the entire drive to locate all PST files. Then you will need to select the one to be repaired.
3. After choosing the PST file for repairing, click Next ->:
4. On the next screen:
4.1. In the Select the appropriate scanning method group, choose the scanning option:
- Normal Scan - choose this option, if your PST file doesn't open due to unknown errors and the severity of PST file corruption is probably low
- Smart Scan - select this option, if the severity of PST corruption is high, i.e. when normal scan fails to fix PST file, or you need to restore deleted emails, contacts, or other items.
4.2. In the Click browse the select destination path, where new PST file will be created field, provide the destination path to save a repaired PST file using the button Browse... For example:
5. Click the Repair -> button to start the repairing process:
Once the process finishes, preview all recovered Outlook items, for this example:
At the end all your Outlook folders from the corrupt PST should be successfully recovered. Now, you just need to import the repaired file into Outlook to access all your items.
Also, you can find other ways to fix Outlook startup problems at Cannot start Microsoft Outlook page.