Auto-Reply for all messages without subject
To create a rule, follow next steps:
1. Create a template with text which you want to send like Auto-Reply. See Using templates to facilitate more versatile E-mail Distribution for more details.
2. Do one of the following:
- On the File tab, in the Info view, click the Manage Rules & Alerts button:
- On the Home tab, in the Move group, click Rules and then select Manage Rules
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, choose New Rule...:
4. Choose the Apply rule on messages I receive option and click Next >.
5. Choose conditions:
- If you want to limit the list of people who send you messages, choose one or several conditions:
- from people or public group and click people or public group in the Step 2 text box to choose
- which has an attachment
- sender is in specified Address Book and click specified in the Step 2 text box to choose the Address Book.
When you finish adding the conditions, click the Next > button.
- from people or public group and click people or public group in the Step 2 text box to choose them:
- If you want to use this rule for all incoming messages, click the Next > button. Click
Yes in the information dialog box:
- In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, on the Look In list box, choose User
Templates in File System:
- Click the Browse button and choose the path to your template in the Browse For Folder
- In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, choose the template and then click Open.
When you choose a template, click Next >.
7. Choose exceptions: select except if the subject contains specific words and click specific words in the Step 2 text box. You have to insert numbers and letters (or at least all vowel letters, because any phrase or word in the subject consists not less than one vowel letter):
8. Click Next > again, name your rule, and click Finish.
Note: For some rules it is necessary to restart Outlook.