How to change the Mail Count Display
Outlook can display either the number of unread e-mails or the total number of e-mails in a folder alongside the folder name.
- Here is the number of unread e-mails displayed in round brackets:
- Here is the total number of e-mails displayed in square brackets:
To choose which number you want to be displayed, do the following:
1. Right-click the folder and select Properties:
2. From the folder's Properties dialog box, you can choose one of the following options:
- Show number of unread items
- Show total number of items
3. Click OK.