Conditional formatting of chart axes
To change the format of the label on the Excel for Microsoft 365 chart axis, do the following:
1. Right-click in the axis and choose Format Axis... in the popup menu:
2. On the Format Axis task pane, in the Number group, select Custom category and then change the field Format Code and click the Add button:
- If you need a unique representation for positive, negative, and zero values, just write multiple
formats, separating each with a semicolon.
- If you write two formats, the first applies to positive and zero values and the second applies to negative values.
- If you write three formats, the first applies to positive values, the second to negative values, and the third to zero.
- If you write four formats, they apply to positive, negative, zero, and text values, respectively.
- If you want to create a custom condition based on values below or equal to some point (for example,
-60) and greater than it, you could type the following condition codes:
See also How to hide points on the chart axis.
See also this tip in French: Mise en forme conditionnelle des axes du graphique.