Excel 3-D Pie charts
If you want to create a pie chart that shows your company (in this example - Company A) in the greatest positive light:
Do the following:
1. Select the data range (in this example B5:C10).
2. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Pie button:
Choose 3-D Pie.
3. Right-click in the chart area. In the popup menu select Add Data Labels and then click Add Data Labels:
4. Click in one of labels to select all of them, then right-click and select the Format Data Labels... in the popup menu:
5. In Format Data Labels opened in the Format task pane, on the Label Options tab, select the Category Name checkbox:
6. Open Format Data Series in the Format task pane:
- In the Series Options section:
- In the Angle of first slice move the sliding handle to the rotation degree that you want, or type a number between 0 and 360 degrees. The default setting is 0 degrees.
- In the Pie Explosion move the sliding handle to the percentage of explosion that you want, or type a percentage between 0 and 400 in the text box. The default setting is 0%.
- In the Effects section, in the 3-D Format group make changes you want.
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.