How to add Dividers to the chart
For example, you want to demonstrate the changes in sales due to the company policy during 2010 and 2012 years:
To create one chart with separator, follow these steps:
1. Insert a blank row between separated parts of chart (in this example - B11).
2. Select the data cells.
3. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Column button:
Choose Clustered Column:
4. Right-click one of the years along the category axis. In the popup menu select Format Axis...:
- Choose the Axis Options tab, under the Axis Type label, click the field Text
axis (to hide the period between 2010 and 2012):
- Choose the Number tab, change the field Format Code (in example to show only years)
and click the Add button:
5. In the source data (A4:B18) clear the duplicate years. As you clear an entry in the worksheet, the corresponding entry along the chart axis disappears.
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.
6. Select the chart. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, choose the type of object what you want to add in the chart: