Using two axes in the one chart
For example, if you have two indicators (e.g., volume and price), which you want to see in one chart:
To create one chart for this data, follow these steps:
1. Create the chart with several data series:
a) Select the first data range (in this example - volume in A4:B12).
b) On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Column button:
Choose Clustered Column. Modify this chart:
c) Right-click in the chart area, in the popup menu select Select Data... to open the Select Data Source dialog box:
Click the Add button.
d) In the Edit Series dialog box, select the second data range (in this example B14:B20):
a) Select the data range (in this example - volume in A4:C12).
b) On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Column button and choose Clustered Column. Modify this chart with two data series.
2. To change a format type of the second data series, right-click in the second (price) data series and choose Change Series Chart Type...:
You can choose another chart type, for example, a line.
3. Excel use primary axis in charts, to change which axis - primary or secondary - can uses for the data series, do the following:
- Right-click in the second (price) data series, in the popup menu select Format Data Series... to open the Format Data Series dialog box:
- Choose the Secondary Axis checkbox.
4. To customize the secondary axis, on the Layout tab, in the Axes group, choose the Axes button, then in the Secondary Vertical Axis list, choose More Secondary Vertical Axis Options...:
Change other parameters for the secondary axis:
How to add next data series with another axis, see Combining several charts into one chart.