The Chart Toolbar
For activate a chart sheet you also can choose View -> Toolbars -> Chart.
You can use these tools to make some common chart changes:
- Chart Objects: When a chart is activated, the name of the selected chart element is displayed in this control. In addition, you can select a particular chart element by using the drop-down list.
- Format Selected Object: Displays the Format dialog box for the selected chart element.
- Chart Type: Expands to display 18 chart types when you click the arrow. After this tool is expanded, you can drag it to a new location-creating, in effect, a miniature floating toolbar.
- Legend: Toggles the legend display in the active chart.
- Data Table: Toggles the display of the data table in a chart.
- By Row: Plots the data by rows.
- By Column: Plots the data by columns.
- Angle Clockwise: Displays the selected text at a -45-degree angle.
- Angle Counterclockwise: Displays the selected text at a +45-degree angle.
The Angle tools are toggles. Click a second time and Excel no longer angles the selected text.
In addition, several tools on the other toolbars work with charts, including the Fill Color, Font Color, Bold, Italic, and Font tools.
Excel includes several other chart-related tools that aren't on the Chart toolbar. You can customize the toolbar to include these additional tools. To customize your Chart toolbar:
1. Make sure the Chart toolbar is displayed.
2. Choose View -> Toolbars -> Customize to display the Customize dialog box.
3. Select the Commands tab.
4. Choose the Charting from Categories list box.
5. Click an item in the Commands list and drag it to your Chart toolbar.
6. Repeat Step 5 for other commands that you'd like to add.
7. Click Close to close the Customize dialog box.