Protecting workbook elements
To protect an Excel workbook elements, follow these steps:
1. Choose Tools -> Protection.
2. Click Protect Workbook... to open the dialog box, which contains three options:
- Structure prevents users from adding, deleting, moving, hiding, or unhiding spreadsheets
- Windows prevents users from moving, hiding, unhiding, resizing, or closing workbook windows
- Password allows you to enter a password that users must have before they can unprotect the workbook.
3. Click OK.