How to add Dividers to the chart
For example, you want to demonstrate the changes in sales due to the company policy during 2004 - 2005 and 2008 - 2009:
If you have charts:
To create one chart with separator, follow these steps:
1. Insert a blank row between separated parts of chart (in this example - A13).
2. Insert a blank column between columns Day and Sales and enter the formula:
Change the format of these cells to Number with zero of decimal places.
3. Select the data cells (in this example B4:C22).
4. Select Insert -> Chart... to open the Chart Wizard dialog box:
Choose the Column type, the Clustered Column sub-type and then click Next >.
5. In the Step 2 of Chart Wizard, check the data and click Next >.
6. In the Step 3 of Chart Wizard, in the Titles tab, enter the chart title, in the Gridlines tab, clear the Major gridlines checkbox, hide the legend in the Legend tab, and then click Next >.
7. In the Step 4 of Chart Wizard, click the Finish button:
8. In the source data (B4:B22) clear the duplicate years. As you clear an entry in the worksheet, the corresponding entry along the chart axis disappears.
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.
9. Select the chart. Select Insert -> Picture and choose the type of object what you want to add in the chart.