Creating Pie of Pie and Bar of Pie charts
For example, if you have several companies that operate on the market, you can represent a part of every company on the market as a slice.
This data contains five slices that fall below 10%.
To make smaller slices more visible in a pie chart, Excel provides the Pie of Pie (see above) and Bar of Pie (see below) hart sub-types.
Each of these chart sub-types separates the smaller slices from the main pie chart and displays them in an additional pie or stacked bar chart. To create a Pie of Pie or Bar of Pie chart, follow these steps:
1. Select the data range (in this example A4:B13).
2. Select Insert -> Chart... to open the Chart Wizard dialog box:
Choose the Pie type, the Pie of Pie sub-type or the Bar of Pie sub-type and then click Next >.
3. In the Step 2 of Chart Wizard check the data and click the Next > button.
4. In the Step 3 of Chart Wizard, in the Data Labels tab, choose the Value checkbox and then click Next >.
5. In the Step 4 of Chart Wizard, click the Finish button:
6. Right-click in the chart area. In the popup menu select Format Data Series...
7. In the Format Data Series dialog box, on the Options tab, select which data can displayed in second pie (in this example, in the second pie we displayed all values less than 10%):
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.