Setting tabs using the Tabs dialog box
To set tabs using the Tabs dialog box, follow these steps:
1. Position the insertion point in a paragraph, or select the paragraphs that you want to adjust.
2. On the Page Layout tab, click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher:
3. In the Paragraph dialog box, click Tabs... button:
4. In the Tabs dialog box:
- Using decimal numbers, type the position of the tab stop that you want to set in the Tab Stop Position box
- In the Alignment group, select the tab style that you want: Left, Center, Right, Decimal, or Bar.
- If you want a leader, select the tab leader style that you want in the Leader group:
- 1 None for no leader (the default setting),
- 2 for a dotted leader,
- 3 for a dashed leader,
- 4 for a solid underlined leader.
- Click Set to set the tab stop. The Tab stop positions list box displays your tab stops after you set them.
- Repeat these steps to set additional tab stops.
5. Click OK to close the Tabs dialog box.
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/word 2016/tips/setting tabs using the tabs dialog box.html