Modifying a default view
If you want to change the view, do the following:
1. On the View tab, in the Current View group, click the View Settings button:
2. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box:
Click one of the buttons to change related view settings (explained in more detail in the text). The text next to each button describes the purpose of each:
- Columns... - Specify which columns (items of information) are included in the view (another way to customize columns see in Adding and Removing Columns). For example, in the mail view:
- Group By... - Define grouping for the displayed contacts based on one or more fields. For example, you could group contacts by company or subject (for more details see Grouping items in a view).
- Sort... - Define how items are sorted. You could sort by received time, for example:
- Filter... - Display only those items that meet your defined criteria.
- Other Settings... - Specify fonts, grid lines, and other details of contact view layout:
- Conditional Formatting... - Define special formatting that meet certain conditions such as an overdue task or have been flagged (see also Conditional formatting).
- Format Columns... - Define formatting for columns in the view:
If necessary, click Reset Current View to return the view to its original default settings.
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/outlook 2016/tips/modifying a default view.html