Using Decorative Dividors in Charts
For example, you want to demonstrate the changes in sales due to the company policy during 2009 - 2011 and 2013 - 2015:
To create one chart with separator, follow these steps:
1. Insert a blank row between separated parts of chart (in this example - B14).
2. Select the data cells.
3. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Column button:
Choose Clustered Column:
4. Open Format Axis on the Format task pane, in which:
- In the Axis Options section, choose the field Text axis (to hide the gap period):
- In the Number section, change the field Format Code (in example to show only years) and click the Add button:
5. In the source data (B5:C23) clear the duplicate years. As you clear an entry in the worksheet, the corresponding entry along the chart axis disappears.
You can then make any other adjustments to get the look you desire.
6. Select the chart. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, choose the type of object what you want to add in the chart:
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/excel 2016/tips/using decorative dividors in charts.html