How to change columns to rows and vice versa
Do the following:
1. Highlight the data that you want to change in your spreadsheet:
- the column that you want to change to a row
- the row that you want tot change to a column
- the data range in which you want to change columns and rows.
2. To copy selected information in the clipboard, do one of the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Copy button:
- Right-click in the selection and choose Copy in the popup menu
- Click Ctrl+C.
3. Select the cell where you want to place the changed information.
4. To paste changed information, do one of the following:
4.1. New features in Excel 2016 (like in Excel 2010):
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, select the Paste list and then choose Transpose (T):
- Right-click and choose Transpose (T) in the popup menu:
4.2. Usual way:
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, select the Paste list and then choose Paste Special (or right-click and choose Paste Special... in the popup menu):
- In the Paste Special dialog box, check the Transpose checkbox and then click OK:
Permission is granted for article quotations from OfficeToolTips, provided the direct link to the source articlehttp://www.officetooltips.com/excel 2016/tips/how to change columns to rows and vice versa.html